At Wilston State School, Australian Curriculum shapes teaching and learning. It is designed to help our students become successful learners, confident and creative individuals, and active and informed citizens. It is a developmental sequence of learning from Prep to Year 6 that describes to our teachers what is to be taught and the quality of learning expected of our students as they progress through our school.
The Australian Curriculum has a three-dimensional design that recognises the importance of the traditional learning areas including each of their disciplinary knowledge, skills and understanding alongside general capabilities and cross-curriculum priorities. The eight learning areas of the Australian Curriculum are:
3. Science (specialist teachers)
4. Health and Physical Education (specialist teachers)
6. Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS)
7. The Arts (specialist teachers in Music)
8. Languages (Japanese) Years 5 and 6 only (specialist teachers)