Dear Parents and Carers
It is so exciting to be able to welcome all students and parents back to school for the 2021 school year and to welcome our Prep students and families to Wilston State School for the very first time.
Please remove all books from the book pack box and place in a recycled bag this will assist the school in two ways.
- It is easier to carry on the first day.
- Our recycling bin cannot manage 1000 empty boxes on Day 1
As COVID-19 restrictions have eased we are able to welcome parents back into the school grounds.
Please read the following points outlining our Covid-19 safety plan.
- Please continue to be courteous and follow the Stop, Drop and Go guidelines.
- only allow students to alight if you are in a flagged car space.
- have students ready to alight quickly once in these areas
- Students arriving at school prior to 8:30am must sit quietly under the admin block.
- Just a reminder that all classrooms will be open and at 8:30am on Day 1.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to the classroom
- Only 5 parents in any one classroom at a time except for Prep where 8 parents can be in the room at any one time. May I suggest that those parents who know their students are confident and comfortable on day one say goodbye outside the classroom door and email the teacher with any information or a time to catch up.
- Extra covid cleaning will continue throughout the day for tables , equipment and library books.
- Students will wash their hands on or use hand sanitizer when entering the classroom after breaks
- No Specialist lessons on Day 1
- Parent volunteers will be invited into classrooms this year …stay tuned for more information.
- Library lessons start Week 2
- Swimming lessons
- Parent helpers are not required as the P&C funds swim instructors for every class
Please see latest news below:
We will continue to add any correspondence sent out by the school about COVID-19, on this page.
Additional links which you may find helpful are: